ibook resale value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Scenicroadways, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Scenicroadways macrumors regular

Hi, i purchased my wonderful ibook g4 12" about 2 months ago and have enjoyed it ever since. However, with all the enticing upgrades apple does, and the beautiful 12" powerbook, I am already drooling for another machine. Would my ibook still retain a lot of value if i sell it in a year?

2. adamjay macrumors 6502a

adamjay

depending on how big the upgrade of the iBook is in a year, it will probably only lose a few hundred dollars (maybe less on eBay) by this time next year. But if it still does everything you want it to this time next year, why get rid of it?

3. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

As long as Apple doesn't shovel a G5 in the iBook line, and the speed bumps of the G4 aren't too extreme, I should think your iBook will retain a fair amount of value.

Unless they come out with some kind of fantastic new technology, like double-sided blue DVD writers or a new wireless standard or connection technology or something, you should be set.

The problem with Apple is they keep coming out with stuff I want but don't need and therefore can't justify. :p :(

4. Scenicroadways thread starter macrumors regular

Yea im thinking i might buy applecare right before my year warranty runs out, and just get the most use out of my ibook as i can, then when I upgrade in a couple years, I will get the latest and greatest.