iBook returns from Sleep-Mode when still closed!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ifroed, Dec 27, 2003.

1. ifroed macrumors newbie

Hi everybody!

I have a problem with my iBook (14,1", 700MHz, Combo-Drive, 16MB VideoRAM) and i'd be happy if anyone could help me.
    When I close my iBook it goes to sleep-mode (as it should). But then when i move it/carry it away it returns from sleepmode while the display is still closed.
    I've also noticed that the led-lights of the battery turn on sometimes when i take a look at the bottom of my iBook when i carry it while it is in sleep-mode.
    This happens under OS 9.2.2 and also under OS X 10.3.2. I've installed all Software-Updates available via Software-Update (including the battery-update). The Hardware-Test-CD told me that everything is allright with my hardware.
    Before i wrote this it happened 5 times, right now i carried it around the house and it didn't happen.
    Note: i did not plug/unplug any devices.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanky You all for your help,
    ifroed

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Hmmm.... the only thing I could think of is that your screen may be hitting a key while closed, thus waking it up. If you have applecare, try calling them

3. straphound macrumors member

It may also be a latch issue. Is the screen loose at all when it is closed? Maybe the iBook thinks that it is open when it is not.

4. godraj macrumors newbie

Most likely the screen is hitting a key. What you can try is remove the keyboard, and look at the top (close to where ibook written) and usually there are these 2 metal things that cover the screw, if that is not flat then that is probably what's causing it...so just straighten it out and you should be good. Hope this helps.