iBook revisions.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Antony52, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Antony52 macrumors member

When will the new iBook revisions are going to be announced and what are the new specs?Thanks.

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

check the buyer's guide... other than that, i don't think there's much info. on upcoming ibook revision. some news said altivec added g3, but i don't think there's been much news lately... i *think* PB will be updated before iBook... so who knows how long to wait...

i've noticed that you've been "waiting" for practically a month now... i realize you want to "maximize" your "return" for the investment, but it might be about time you consider just buying the machine and start using it..?

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

buyersguide.macrumors.com

says they are approaching the end of a cycle (november or maybe even october)

no one knows the new specs...could be a new case could be just 100mhz again could be apx or bluetooth....things are unclear as of now. Threads like this should be in buying advice forum too.

4. Antony52 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks people.I know that I have been waiting for a month but I wait for the new laptop in order to sell my old one.

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I'd expect the eMac motherboard to be fitted in the iBook chassis. It's the most logical progression. Enough speed, G4, and Airport Extreme to make it a worthwhile update, yet enough older technology (PC133 SDRAM) to keep the cost relatively low. Such an update would help streamline Apple's motherboard line.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I wouldn't think that they would put G4's in the iBooks until something else from the product line goes G5.

7. vanillamike macrumors regular

As long as they don't put the huge fan in there :p

Mike

8. job macrumors 68040

job

True. But it does make you wonder about the wait for the Powerbooks.

Pro line: All G5
    Consumer: All G4

Makes sense, but I doubt we'll see that happen any time soon.

They might just bump the Mhz to 1Ghz, add a 133Mhz bus as well as Airport Extreme. That might be a worthwhile update if they keep the current price points.