Ibook Screen Spanning doctor HELP!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by baboo2, Sep 3, 2005.

1. macrumors member

My ibook works with my Samsung 17inch but even after i calibrated it , at 1280 resolution it still looks not very clear, anyone know a good solution to fixing this. The LCD works fine on my PC,very sharp and clear

2. macrumors 6502a

zakatov

Is that the native resolution of the display?

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yes the native resolution for the Samsung LCD is 1280 X 1024. But when i change it to that resolution, or any resolution on the LCD is quite fuzzy ...

4. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does everything look fuzzy or is it just the writing. OSX smoothes it's fonts and some people find it a bit fuzzy compared to Windows. Personally, I'm used to it and I prefer it to the harsher Windows look. Nevertheless, go to System Preferences and under the Appearance tab, fiddle around with the font smoothing settings down the bottom until you find one you like. :)

5. thread starter macrumors member

Everything looks fuzzy, it is readable but hurts your eye after few minutes. I will try what you said in few hours ( im at work) and get back to you on that.. Thanks

6. thread starter macrumors member

tried it and no luck, the text is still fuzzy ( when i mean fuzzy it isn't horrible but its just not as clean as it can be) , i can post a picture if that helps any of you experts

7. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A picture would be good, but I doubt you'll have much luck capturing the fuzziness unless you take a photo or something. Either way, try to show us how it looks and we can go from there. :)