iBook Screen Spanning Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ipirate, Jan 14, 2004.

1. ipirate macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I was looking in to the iBook Screen spanning hack at macparts.de/ibook and I had some reservations about it.

I think it would be handy everyonce in a while becuase I work with final cut express 2 and such, but I don't want it to effect my still new iBook. Could this cause some of the logic board problems experienced by earlier iBook users? If I don't want the hack anymore, could I take it off? (In case I just wanted to try it out) ...and finally, is there anyone out there that has used this for a while and has any good or bad things to tell me about this hack?

2. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    Re: iBook Screen Spanning Thoughts

<--900Mhz G3 iBook

I used the Applescript, was one of the first things I did to it when I bought it which was before Christmas of last year. So far no problems, works great as far as I can tell, just so long as you have a supposted model (one with a Radeon chip) then I highly recommend it.
  3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    The hack isn't exactly a "hack" in the traditional sense. It doesn't add anything to the iBook's firmware. All it does is re-enable a feature Apple deliberately disabled to further differentiate the iBook from the PowerBook. It just brings the iBook's firmware to the level of the PowerBook's.