iBook Screensaver FREEZE

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macette, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Macette macrumors 6502

My iBook often freezes in the screensaver when i move the mouse the turn the screensaver off to continue working. then i have to shut it down, scream at it, then turn it back on, which is time-consuming.

anybody else come across this? any fixes?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

it sounds like you must running a very complex screensaver for it to jam like that...

exactly what screensaver are you running? you could try fixing permissions and running fsck -y at startup, other than that i don't have any ideas.

3. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

yeah I'm stumped on this one... doesn't happen on my iBook, what kind do you have?

4. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

I have a similar issue when trying to run that "flurry" screen saver on my rev. a. TiBook. It freezes and dies.

:rolleyes:

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

okay this is weird. iBooks freezing from screensavers, and now TiBooks!?:eek: :confused:

so e-coli has a rev. A TiBooks, is that the 400 or 500MHz one? what about you Macette? and i guess you're both running OS 10.2?

6. Macette thread starter macrumors 6502

i'm using the 'forest' screensaver, on my 500mhz ibook, with 384MB of RAM, running OS 10.2.

it didn't do it when i was using 10.1... the other big change is that i'm using iCal. and it usually only happens with iCal.

Also, iCal is doing a stupid thing where the screen refuses to redraw. godammit, apple built this computer jus a bit over a year ago, and already they're releasing programs it won't run.

drives me mad.