iBook Shipping Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jiphex, Sep 4, 2005.

1. jiphex macrumors newbie

Hi. I've been reading these forums for a while, and i decided to go for an iBook 12" (w/ 60gb hdd & the nearly free ipod mini) for uni next year. I ordered it over the phone from the education store on Wednesday night, and it's now progressed to the 'shipping' stage on the apple order status website. I received the email from apple, telling me that it had been dispatched and giving me a tracking number. (80xx something)

Theres no link from the apple order status page to the tracking system, but i read from these forums that i should try it on the TNT parcel tracking, and the www.apecode.com parcel tracking thingies, but both said "shipment unknown".

What does this mean? Is there ususally a delay between receiving the dispatched email and the consignment coming up on the websites?

Thanks for any help you might give me...

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...yes, a delay in showing up in the carrier's tracking system is normal. When did it change to "shipping" status....on the weekend? If so you'll normally not see it in the system until later on the next *business* day....oh yeah!

3. jiphex thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i got the dispatch notification on friday at 1600. Thanks a lot. I'll check it tomorrow i guess...