iBook Shut-Off Problem

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jwhMac28, Jul 16, 2007.

1. macrumors member

I apologize if this has been discussed recently, but it's kind of a hard topic to search for. A while back I ran across an article about a problem with iBooks completely shutting off when moved around a certain way, due to a defect. At the time I thought, "Wow, that's pretty terrible for THOSE iBook owners..."

And now it's happening to mine. I have AppleCare so hopefully it will be as easy to fix as a trip to the Genius Bar, but I would like to read up on the situation if I can before I go. Does anyone know where I can find documentation about this? Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

don't know about documentation...but is your iBook one with a motion sensor?

3. thread starter macrumors member

No, it's the model right before that, the late '04 model. Are the motion sensor ones the only models with that problem?

4. thread starter macrumors member

It's happened a couple more times since I wrote about the problem (I guess I really DO need to take it in), but it seems like it's a problem with a short or bad connection or something between the battery and the rest of the computer, as it hasn't happened while it has been plugged in. Maybe this symptom could help someone pinpoint the issue? Thanks.