ibook sleep problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by lnsbulle, Feb 4, 2004.

1. lnsbulle macrumors newbie

I have been using my ibook for about two years. Suddenly when it is put into sleep mode either through the menu or by closing the lid the computer shuts down, and if it can be wakened displays the message that it 'must be shut down' by pressing the power key. What is happening and what should I do.

iBook G3: 500MHz: 256 MB memory: Mac OSX 2.5

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    how well does ur ibook do in battery life it could be a battery issue.

it doesnt sound like a logic board problem.

what os are you running?

http://search.info.apple.com/?search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=&q=ibook sleep

that is a link to the apple support page for ibook sleep problems/issues, im sorry i cant really tell you whats wrong because i need more info. but im sure when u post more data other posters can help you.

3. pinto32 macrumors 6502

could your software settings have been changed? Check out your system preferences.....

4. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

My iBook would not go to sleep when I shut the lid and I would not pay attention to the light and put it in its bag and it would over heat. I fixed this problem by formatting the hard disk.and reinstalling OS X.2

5. cunninj3 macrumors newbie

Sorry I don't have anything useful to contribute - I came across this thread while searching for why my imac is shutting down in sleep mode...

However, pinto32: I went to Kutztown University, and still live in Kutztown! Saw your sig line and had to laugh! Small world, huh? :)