iBook sleeve or case or something.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by masterjedi73, Mar 22, 2004.

1. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2004
    I have a 12 inch iBook that I'd like to get some sort of sleeve for. I've done a search, but can't find anything I like. I'm looking for something that will fit securely over the outer portion of the iBook...kinda like an iSkin for the iPod.

Is there anything made like that? I just want to try to keep the outer portion from scratches etc.
  2. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2002
    I had the InCase sleeve for my iBook. I looked around for a long time before getting it and was very happy with it's protection and ease with which it fit into my messenger bag.

It's at the Apple store. Get it.
  3. MacRAND macrumors 6502a

May 24, 2003
    Phoenix AZ USA
    iBook sleeve by Case Logic simple & $20

I protect my 14" with an iBook sleeve by Case Logic simple, snug, & only $20. Not sure what is out there specifically for 12". Markup is steep so "deal" if you can.

If the keys are marking your screen, I use a thin, oval mouse pad to cover the keys and protect the screen.

Would suggest stores for you to check, but your Profile skips "location". Sorry. :(
  4. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2004
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    I'm going to second the incase recommendation. I bought one for my 12" and it has been perfect. My friend also has a leather sleeve for his 17" PowerBook and is happy with the purchase.

5. shazammy macrumors member

Mar 22, 2004
    You can get keyboard protectors from the maker of the iSkin at http://www.lajo.biz - great covers, protect the keyboards well and come in a ton of colors.

One of the best sleeves I've seen for the iBook and/or PowerBook is made by Crumpler.

They are padded and lined with a soft material on the inside, won't scratch your iBook. Great stuff!

6. jeromeusa macrumors newbie

Mar 22, 2004
    Los Angeles

I've been checking out the neoprene-like sleeves on www.shinza.com. The Japanese really have the perfect aesthetic/design styling for the mac laptops!

Other great cases I've been researching, other than inCase (www.goincase.com) , which I like, too: