iBook Sound Alignment Help

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by slooksterPSV, Dec 18, 2005.

1. macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

My iBook keeps aligning the sound to one speaker or another. Sometimes this will happen if I've plugged in headphones or that, other times, when I put it to sleep, or even just a restart will do it. How can I fix this? PRAM ZAP?

2. macrumors member

You could try a PRAM zap; but I'd be wondering if this isn't a hardware issue. Perhaps there's a wire that's not quire soldered correctly.... Have you tried calling AppleCare?

3. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When the balance is shifted to one side, does it show up in System Preferences -> Sound -> Output as shifted (i.e. matching what you hear) or as balanced (i.e. it says you should be hearing both speakers, but you only hear one)?

4. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Mine does that once and a while, it's a Tiger bug. If your Sys prefs show as balanced though, that's a hardware issue.

5. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, exactly. Is there a fix for the Tiger bug? I've never experienced it.

6. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Nope, no fix yet. It happens to some people ALL THE TIME. It's only happened to me once or twice in 4 months, so it doesn't really bother me now.

7. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

System Pref.s will show it aligned left or right, but I usually can tell when I listen to music or that. I deleted my iTunes playlist and readded everything because I rearranged my drives today for odd files (like home directory and downloads and images etc. etc. etc.). So yeah, this is a Tiger bug? Apple please fix it, there's my christmas wish.