ibook special deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ibrainch, Jun 16, 2004.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

Oct 2, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I currently am in the market for a new laptop (just sold old Ti 550) and I get a special deal through work on the following iBook:

iBook G4 1GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/E/56K/ 14" TFT M9165LL/A

for $1025.

I am comparing that to a refurbed Powerbook 12" with following specs:

PowerBook G4 1.33GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/AP Extreme Card/E/12"-Aluminum-Refurbished for $1399.

I figure with wireless card the ibook is basically $1100 and Powerbook is $1400. My biggest hangup with the ibook is the "girly" white design but I think it will meet my needs. My question is which of these is a better deal and which will have the best resale value 2 years from now? Thanks for any input.
  2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    If you don't like the feminine white color of the iBook, just skin it up w/ manly pink. Real men who wear pink look like pimps. Forgot the name of the skin though.
  3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Many members here would gladly chip in a nickle so we can PAY YOU five dollars to paint your PowerBook a studly shade of pink. ;)

That way you won't have to worry about what the jocks at work will say to you when you're carrying around a girly looking iBook.
  4. netytan macrumors 6502

May 23, 2004
    Just to conferm this.. I have a pink belt on right now, and i promise ya, i'm all man ;). I actually like the design on the IBook, it may not look at pro as the PowerBook but it is a very elegent design - white always looks clean! If you ask me go for the IBook, personally i think the difference in price vs features says it all. Where the PowerBooks really shine is the 15" model :).

5. nyprospect macrumors 6502

May 3, 2004
    Hey i had a thread disscussing the gender of the ibook lol.hmmm.its not all that girly .its will get the job done like all my ex girl firends lol i kidding.Its quite a sturdy piece of hardware