iBook speed bump?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by intrepkid21, Jul 4, 2004.

1. intrepkid21 macrumors regular

Anyone think the ibook will get a slight speed bump sometime late this summer or in Sept?

2. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

If they do it would be towards the september-december months. They were just updated about a month ago (or was it two) and usually apple waits about 6 months to update their product lineup.

I am thinking a emac, imac, ibook, and powerbook updates in that sept to december range. Powerbooks (dont yell at me for saying this) may go g5 at macworld 2005....but i bet they will stick in newer g4's when they are released (probly 2 ghz). Imacs...well we all know thats coming soon and im hoping for g5...but my brain tells me its going to be g4 still probly the 1.5 ghz g4 procs or maybe moto has gone up to 1.8 or 2 ghz finally?

AH yes...almost forgot the pmac....well powermac im hoping for 3 ghz at macworld 2005...that would be cool!

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....and of course, the MacRumors Buyer's Guide is always a good reference tool if you are looking for how long it has been since the last update and what the average life-cycle for a product has been....oh yeah!

4. intrepkid21 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i follow the site and stuff..I just figured maybe Apple would want to perhaps bump the "education friendly" ibook specs for the back to school shopping season since the new iMac is not going to be ready for that buying time..