iBook Sunrise

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Kyle, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Kyle macrumors member

Dec 27, 2002
    The bottom of my iBook G4's screen looks like the sun is rising. It's not yet a year old. Is the dock responsible for this? Is there any easy remedy?
  2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    Sounds less like screen burn-in from the dock than pressure on the edge of the LCD panel--try pushing lightly on the surface of the screen somewhere else, and see if the pattern looks similar.

If that is the case, either you did something to your iBook (tweak the frame that holds the screen, for example, or jar it in a way that damaged the LCD) to mess up the LCD, or it's defective. You might try flexing the screen gently and see if the problem goes away, in which case it's misaligned somehow (might still need to be repaired, though).

Likely something you'll have to have serviced--hopefully under warranty, since screens are expensive.
  3. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Jun 19, 2003
    The exurbs, MN
    Back up for Repairs!

If you have anything like the hinge or display repaired, back up your hard drive!!! I had my iBook serviced (just got it back today) by Apple for the hinge not being secure - they turned it around fast, but when I started it up this afternoon, the hard drive was wiped out and a base install of 10.2 was put on. No mention that any of that happened was in their documentation.

I'm pretty peeved about that, but take my misfortune as an example that backup is necessary, especially when sending in for repair.
  4. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    The Apple Genius asked if I had backed up my drive recently in case they needed to reformat before sending it out.
  5. Darwin macrumors 65816

Jun 2, 2003
    round the corner
    I think i have that problem too with my iBook

IF the LCD is pushed all the way up it seems to go red in the right side of the display

it's werid because i haven't noticed it until now when I have installed 10.3.3 recently

does this mean my iBook has to go on another holiday to the repair shop?