iBook to Mobile via Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Simon Ashmore, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Simon Ashmore macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2003
    I have just bought an iBook which I want to use via the Bluetooth connector (that I have purchased) with a mobile (Sony Ericsson T68i) for Internet and e-mail access. I currently use a Compaq Laptop linked via infrared to a Nokia 8210 quite successfully and don't mind it being slow as the access is (for 50 minutes per night thanks to Orange Everyday 50) free. (1ppm thereafter) I am waiting for the T68i to become free to upgrade (Being tight) but before I weaken & buy or get lucky I have two questions:
    1. Will it work and if so what do I need to know to make it?
    2. Are there any phones (ideally free to upgrade or at least less bright) that will do the job apart from the T68i?
    Is there anyone out there who has made this work and can offer any advice?
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    1. Yes it will work (I have this setup). I am not at my Mac just now (nasty work PC), but if you need any help setting it up just let me know.

2. No idea, sorry.

You realise that if you are out of contract with Orange you can get a new contract and get the T68i for free. Tell them to transfer your number and switch the call plan back to Everyday 50 and you basically get a free upgrade!
  3. Simon Ashmore thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2003
    Thanks Robbie! I'll give that a try and come back to you if necessary.