iBook Trackpads

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 18thTomorrow, Apr 23, 2004.

1. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

Hello,
    This might be a duh question, but...
    of late I have been borrowing a veeeeery old compaq windows notebook. (yeah, I hate it but it gets the job done.) My biggest pet peeve is the trackpad. It's so unresponsive and whenever I try to click, the cursor jumps all over.
    Please reassure me that iBook trackpads are nothing like the one I'm used to. I'm getting one very soon and I'd hate to be dissapointed. The work I do sometimes requires very precise movement, and while I certainly don't expect any miracles, ideally iBook trackpad to be at least comparable to the performance of my hockey-puck mouse.
    So have you ever had any problem with your trackpad?
    Thanks
    Tani

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My wife actually doesn't like the trackpad on her iBook very much. It requires quite a thump to register a click, most unlike my TiBook trackpad which only needs a slight tap to register. It's about the only real complaint she has about it. Accuracy is very good though.

3. maclamb macrumors 6502

maclamb

I have an ibook and have been off/on again ok/not ok w/ it - others have complained- you should go to an apple store and try it (if you can).
    There are drivers you can download (other than what comes stock) that can make it better, plus add scrolling to it.