iBook updates no...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AP_piano295, Apr 21, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    Seems like the rumors for ibook updates have sloped off, just alot of talk about the imacs, emacs and powermacs. I was hoping to see 64mb vram by summerbreak. Any one still have hopes in updates 1-2 weeks or does it look like waiting till june :(
  2. gamestriker macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2004
    I would actually be surprised if they wait longer than the 26th to update everything. An huge update like this would be perfect to go along Tiger. And AppleInsider has already reported that upgrades are expected for the iBook and should already be complete. Why would Apple release updates to all the 'Macs and then wait a week or 2 and then update the iBook?

That wouldn't make sense.
  3. fener macrumors regular

Nov 7, 2003
    The updates will take place on the 28th. 26th is also a possibility, but 28th seems the date.

I expect updates to iBook, PowerMac and eMac. iMac G5 can be updated, but PowerMac updates will come before iMac updates.
  4. jonomo macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2005
    Its the 28th. But I don't SEE squat! :mad:
  5. Caramel macrumors newbie

Mar 19, 2005
    I sure do hope they come out with updates for the iBooks soon! My school is giving me a new one when i give them back my piece of crap g3!! :cool: