iBook Updates???

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Rezet, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

I have a G5 that I use at home but I was loiking for a small cheap laptop i can take to colleg with me. Naturally 12" ibook comes in mind. But I dont need it this right minute. So I was wondering, in your opinions/guesses, when will apple update ibook line again, and what new will they include....
    It would be nice to have an ibook by march. Think they will be updated by then?

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

no, but I could be wrong. the ibook G4 just came out pretty much so i'm sure it will not be revised till summer.

3. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Ya, I'd say Summer at the absolute earliest. They just got the G4s.. and they also can't get bumped too much more without the PBs getting G5s. Otherwise the gap between the two laptops will get even more minute.

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

by march, the most i can see are speed bumps and more ram and perhaps cheaper prices by a hundred dollars or so

expect to see the G5 in the ibook late in 04 or even sometime in the early part of 05

i expect to see the G5 in the powerbooks and imac before june, and in the emac later than that by christmas next year

a good G4 ibook should last most people rather comfortably for two years, but after that it will be too obsolete for most users...and in no case these days will one happily feel up to date and workable with any laptop for a full four years

my laptops, blueberry ibook and pc laptop, are both 4 years old later this month and the ibook will not run osx practically and the pc laptop cannot run windows 2000 or windows xp...and for either laptop and games...heck, forget that:p