ibook upgrade!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dazboardrider, Oct 29, 2006.

  1. dazboardrider macrumors member

    Aug 1, 2006
    Hey everyone!

    Currently I have a ibook G4, 1.33 ghz, 1.5gig of RAM. Im looking for somthing that will run aperture better. It runs slow on my computer now. (I know it shouldnt be running on my computer)

    I know the Mac book Pro is the obvious choice, im just wodering if anyone has the inside word on if I should jump into it now or wait a few months for somthing better to come out. Hmmmmm I hate technology moving so fast when your buying these things!

    Any advice would be awesome!!!
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030


    Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    The MBPs were JUST updated. If you need a new computer, go for it. There will always be something else around the corner.
  3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816


    Aug 15, 2006
    the macbook pros were JUST updated and if you need it get it nothing new will be comming for about half a year (santa rosa) soo you should be fairly safe. good luck
  4. yoda13 macrumors 65816


    Sep 26, 2003
    if you are going to get a mbp, now is the time, I say go for it. Next year sometime, there will be something new, but there will ALWAYS be something new. But if something has just been updated, its always a good time to buy. I can see waiting if you want a mb, but not a mbp.:)
  5. dazboardrider thread starter macrumors member

    Aug 1, 2006
    Thanks Guys!

    Im jumping in and buying a MBP now! Cheers!
  6. Willis macrumors 68020


    Apr 23, 2006
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    Congrats. Im following suit. I was thinking of getting a MB, but the MBP has such a better value for money now against the MB where as before, it didnt.
  7. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6

    Good choice, enjoy! :)

Share This Page