iBook video

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by applefan1997, Apr 25, 2006.

1. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

Sep 2, 2005
    Koreatown, Los Angeles, California
    So,My Inverter board died and the hinges are cracked. I cant buy a new display yet. What do I do?
    I rip out the display, and, not owning a torx driver, cut the cables(I may regret this), and I use an external display now.
    Here's what's worrying me:
    The ripped ends of the cords sometimes meet, and once in a while ther;d be a spark, and sometimes the machine shuts down, or the external display goes wacky. This is caused by the power cord going into the data cable, appartently causing an overload. So, if I attach a completely new LCD, cords and all, will it still work? I'm afraid something may have blown that powers the internal display. All I know is that the external display still works, but now I dont know for the internal one.
    Any ideas? This is just an assumption, though....
  2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Mar 24, 2005
    A religiously oppressed state
    Your options:

1.) Hunt around on eBay for replacement parts

2.) Wait for the MacBook and buy one of them

3.) Buy new iBook

4.) Open up the iBook and DISCONNECT the screen, do not cut anything. There is a ribbon cable that you simply disconnect then when you eventually get a new screen just plug it in.

No matter what you do (even if you buy a new computer) get some torx drivers, they are very useful to have.
  3. alexprice macrumors 6502a

Jan 8, 2005
    You shouldn't need a whole new screen, the inverter can be replaced as well as the display bezel with clutch, we would charge around £100 to fix this at the service provider I work at.