iBook with Intel... anytime soon?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jhuynh49, Feb 3, 2006.

1. jhuynh49 macrumors member

Does anyone know if the iBooks/Intel will be released anytime soon? I just purchased an iBook/PPC for school since my old laptop weights 49 lbs (exaggeration) and has a "wonderful" battery life of 57 minutes (NOT exaggerated). I hear from random people, "Oh, you should have waited!" and yada yada yada. Any thoughts on this? I am primarily using this iBook for word processing and simple internet tasks to take around with me during school. I have a pretty good desktop (Dell PC) that I use primarily at home. Thanks you guys!

2. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

I am sure majority will tell you...

If you need it now, then get it. If not, then wait. I don't think we will be hearing too much until spring time. For your needs, it sounds like what you got is perfect. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're always waiting for the next best thing, you will be waiting forever since technology changes so quickly. Be happy with you purchase, the ibooks are great.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

ThinkSecret say possibly March.

I reckon April.

We'll see who's right.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

sounds like the ibook you just bought will serve your needs for now so enjoy it and dont worry about the intel ibooks is what I would suggest

5. jhuynh49 thread starter macrumors member

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher