iBook wont BOOT ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rollobancher, Apr 17, 2004.

1. rollobancher macrumors member

Hey guys I got my iBook and I have already broke it !

I updated to 10.3.3 and after i could not boot up, it gave me a flashing globe sign, and then a flashing folder with a ? inside !
    I called up tech support and the guy helped me reformat my HD and then reset the ram, and test my hardware. After i could not boot from the installation disk ! It would take me 10 min just to get to the first screen of the installation page, and after i click continue it takes another 5 min. to go to the next screen, and on the next screen it turns into a blue screen with a loading sign at the bottom of the screen !

It seems as if it does not like to read the disk !

I just got off the phone with Apple tech support, and they told me that My iBook is considered as Dead on Arival (DOA) !
    So i have the option of getting a new iBOOK or getting mine repaired ?
    I have to call beack on Monday because the sales people are only in from monday to friday ! Just my luck !

Well guys what should I do ?

2. geezusfreeek macrumors newbie

I say you're lucky. Apple has a history of providing the latest iBooks to people who get theirs replaced, meaning you may end up getting one of the iBook models that are due to come out next Monday. Even if you don't get the newest model, I still say just get it replaced.

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

You just bought a brand new computer and you don't deserve any problems with it. Call them back on monday and have them replace it. Don't take the risk of fixing your "old" one because it could have problems in the future (aka it might be a lemon). Good luck. :)

4. rollobancher thread starter macrumors member

If the new iBooks come out on monday i hope they will return the iBook for the new one ? BTW do you guys know how long it will take for them to ship out a Package, and then for me to get my new iBook ?

I really liked my new iBook while it was working! It was so quiet and was way fast enough for day to day aps !

EDIT: How common is dead pixils ? I had one on my (DOA) iBook ?

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

They might give you a new one, but I wouldn't bet on it. They ususally empty out their stock of old computers first. They are usually very fast on the shipping. They use overnight delivery, so it will get to you very quickly.

6. rollobancher thread starter macrumors member

YES!

Well I called today, Monday and the support people said that they did not have any more of the old 12" iBooks to ship out so they are giving me the new 12" 1Ghz ibook!
    Apple is so good ~!