Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
...even though my ISP sees the cable modem and the Airport Express AND I verified that the IP address used by the computer to access the internet was the one he saw. I have been on the internet through the cable modem for the first ten days of switchership, but i just received an Airport Express, and the iBook can't get out on the web through its connection.

The error message I get on Safari is "cannot find server" AIM or Entourage won't connect, either (obviously).

I have been through some of the Apple site tips for this to no avail. My ISP is CableOne. I added the DNS server IP at the suggestion of the Apple site and that didn't help either.

There is a great wireless connection to the Airport express, so everyone's reading each other there's just something holding the iBook back.

thanks

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
ok, I can't believe no one could help on this awesome forum.

I called Apple...very helpful, no waits on the education support site.

Hard reset on Airport Express - unplug > hold reset button down continuously while replugging and hold down until you get four green light flashes then back to yellow > wait 45 secs for a reset > do a new install of Airport Express using AE Assistant

...and she works!

I'm sitting on my front porch in the cool of the evening breeze!

peace out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.