iBook won't show Airport networks

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Edreaiar, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Edreaiar macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2005
    austin, texas
    So my iBook died in June and I had to wipe the HD. After that, however, I found that my Airport network won't show in the AP menu on the top bar. In fact, no networks will show up, which is weird, because on my iMac, four show up- neighbors' wireless networks and such, and yes, my own. Same with the Powerbook and other iBook my family owns. Airport is a-okay on all the other computers- just not mine.

What's even weirder, however, is that when I brought it to the Apple store near my house, <i>their</i> network worked perfectly fine with my iBook.

I've gone through Help about ten times- yes, my Airport card is installed and working (see the paragraph directly above this one), yes, the Airport itself is working, yes, the iBook is within range of the Airport (in fact, every time I've tried to get the internet to work, I've been a foot away from said Airport), yes, the Airport port is selected, and <i>yes</i>, I do have Airport turned on.

As is probably obvious, this is extremely frustrating, and so I'll probably worship you forever (well, probably a few minutes, at least) if you can solve- or at least help with- my problem. Thanks in advance!
  2. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    Does the wireless router (AirPort Base Station) have MAC Address Filtering enabled? If so, unless the MAC Address of the AirPort Card is put into the Router as a valid MAC Address, the network won't show up.