$$$$ iBook $$$$

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by sfusco91, Oct 11, 2005.

1. sfusco91 macrumors newbie

I am on a budget, but wanting an iBook pretty bad

so does anyone have anywhere legitimate to get an iBook for cheap, or any other idea to keep my budget???

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Or the educational store, if you're a student or teacher.

4. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Im a student at a high school. Could I still use a discount bc on the site it says only K-12 teachers.

5. wongulous macrumors 6502a

#1. No. Only K-12 teachers/institutions and higher education students/teachers/institutions get discounts. Try eBay/used, refurbished (from Apple or a vendor like PowerMax), or the "shop" tab of MacRumors' header for cheap iBook prices.

#2. Search. There is already a thread with TONS of great advice and commentary called "Cheap iBook G4s?!" or similar. It's in one of the sub-forums in "Mac Hardware," if not this one.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Why did Apple stop doing High School Student discounts, they stopped like this year didnt they? :(

7. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Umm, no. Apple has never had HS student discounts. HS students are a large target demographic; they'd never discount to them. It would be such a dumb idea, business-wise.

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Get a 12" iBook. It really is the best thing you could do. Easiest to travel with, smallest footprint, and the SAME resolution as the 14" . Only downside: No Superdrive on 12" . But you can always get an external if really wanted. Buy Crucial memory (Apple's memory is expen$ive). Get the educational discount and you should come out with a machine for about $1,000 out the door.
    This is how I got mine, and $1,000 isn't so bad is it?