Ibook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by chunkymunky, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #1
    Im wanting to buy an ibook... should i wait and see if they release an ibook with intel?
     
  2. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2005
    #2
    Depends on what you wanna do and how much you wanna spend.

    OR

    You could just hold off and wait for the REV B or C MacBook because you'll jus' end up selling your iB for a MB anyways... ;)

    That's what happened to me (with a PB)... :D
     
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #3
    I want something cheap and reliable.. its going to be used for internet access while travelling, photographs, and updating my ipod.
     
  4. macrumors 6502a

    Marky_Mark

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #4
    Get an iBook and save yourself a coupla hundred bucks and the priviledge of being an Apple Rev A tester for free. :)
     
  5. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2005
    #5
    I'd suggest eBay. I've seen used iB G4's go for $500-$700 lately.

    Jus' make sure you ask a lot of questions, and insist on getting one with all the Manuals, Disks, Cords, etc. with at least 512 RAM, and a Airport Extreme card. These usually came with a 30 G HDD, but if you can get one with a bigger HHD, cool!

    AND make sure it's a G4 iB, G3 iB's had a lot of Logic Board problems...

    Hope this helps!
     
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #6
    cheers lads or lass's, will take this advice into consideration.. its a shame there is only 3 apple stores in the uk.. and none near me at all, so i cant go and ask them questions.

    i like the i book but if they are gonna release an i book with intel i may wait for a bit
     

Share This Page