Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
The button doesn't work anymore, instead it is just stuck with one light on. There is nothing wrong with the battery though.

I'd imagine I have to let the battery totally run out so that this light will go off, but I'm not sure if I can really run the battery totally out of power.

Any other solutions?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
You could try running the battery all the way down to zero. Also is the button stuck? What were you doing when you noticed that it was like that?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
iBookG4user said:
You could try running the battery all the way down to zero. Also is the button stuck? What were you doing when you noticed that it was like that?
No button isn't stuck. Beats me what I was doing when it happened. I just noticed it one day.

Oh well, if no one has a real solution its no biggy I just figured I'd ask.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
They draw next-to-zero juice, so I'd probably just ignore it, but if you want to do something I'd try runing it all the way down, then when the computer shuts off just leave it with the bottom-most flashing light on. I'd assume after a very long while it'll eventually bleed the battery completely dry. That might reset the battery's internal computer and fix the issue. Or not, if it's a mechanical failure keping them on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.