iBooks Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mjstew33, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Okay, first off - THIS THREAD IS NOT GOING TO BE LIKE THE OTHERS, IT IS NOT GOING TO BE "SPAMMED UP" OK! :eek:

Anyway, I think the iBooks can be released ANY tuesday now, there not going to update them at the MacExpo Pairs because they don't usually have a keynote for a minor update to the line (which is most likely going to be the case [minor update to iBooks])

Just because Apple doesn't attend the MacWorld Boston doesn't mean they can't update them that week, so it's possible they'll update them this week. ;)

We need a iBook thread, people LOVED that "New iBooks Next Tuesday?" thread, please don't close this thread down.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HERE, LET'S KEEP THIS THREAD UP ;)!

2. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

4. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

5. a2cute2control macrumors member

Apple's online canadian store has 5-7 shipping days for the ibook, yet the US one is same business day. Might be stupid to think, but i'd go by the american apple store on-line for their shipping days to slow down before an update.

but really think of it happend tomorrow.....i think i like the idea more of the wait, then the actual purchase at this point. Dammit , it's game and I must win.

6. deetschei macrumors member

Please keep this thread open!

The 899 CD-Rom Ibook at the US education store has changed to 1-3 business days as well...the 15" powerbooks have changed as well :confused:

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i dont even get my hopes up for updates anymore.... i want the pb's to be updated since i might be buying one soon (still debating where to stay in the windows realm and save myself 1000 bucks) but the ibooks do need an update badly, and if they get updated then so should the pb's because they are only one step ahead of the ibooks right now anyway... well hopefully!!!! :D

8. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

9. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

10. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

i have been, since it first started :)!

I'm so excited! :D

11. realmcenter macrumors member

Given that I just purchased an iBook a few days ago and tech products I buy seem to drop in price and/or get additional features within a month of my purchase, it's a safe bet that an iBook update is coming soon :p

12. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

realm return it then if the new ones are better

13. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Yeah, it's that Murphy guy.

14. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

:rolleyes: People seem pretty desperate for Apple to release some damn thing sometime soon ;)

15. benthad macrumors newbie

benthad

[expletive deleted]

I'm fed up with waiting. I'm buying a Dell laptop, wiping the drive and installing Linux (Fedora).

16. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

that's the funniest thing i've read all day

(i have extensive experience of both, you'll rue the day)

17. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

It's not looking too good for today, here's to next Tuesday. :cool:

18. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

still got 7 min before the UK store goes down if it is this tuesday

fingers crossed :)

19. Tahko macrumors regular

Apple Deutschland store is giving 3 days shipping estimate for 12" iBooks as well, but same day for 14" models. :confused:

And Finnish store has 24hrs for all of those.

20. jonomo macrumors regular

All of Korea is out of stock

:D Korea has NO IBOOKS in stock.. throughout the whole country.... b/c of the low market penetration of Apple in Korea, they tend to carry very little inventory... I'm supposing they aren't replenishing their inventory cause they know something is on the horizon!!! :)

Yeah baby!! Here it comes...

21. deetschei macrumors member

i did it!

I broke down and placed my order, and am SO happy i did. its a 12" combo with 80gig HD. i added bluetooth, and am getting 1G RAM from crucial...even with apple care, i'm clocking in at the same price as a bare bones, stock powerbook, which would have less RAM, less HD, and no 3 year warranty!!! plus, with Student Union, i'm getting a free ipod mini!
    i can't wait for it to arrive!
    of course, i'll still be checking in with everyone who can still wait it out...but i probably wont do so as compulsively as before, and it will be from my new iBook!. good luck!

22. datura macrumors newbie

::weeps softly::

I've wanted an iBook for so long. I've never had a Mac, but I'm about to give up. Every day, my reservations about Apple grow. I can't afford a Powerbook, but I don't want an outdated machine that's still more expensive than any non-Apple laptop. It's driving me crazy. I'm not waiting til the middle of September. That's utterly ridiculous.

No new ibooks next tuesday, no switch for me. :mad:

23. THX macrumors newbie

I thought the 12" IBook was excluded from the Student Union deal? At least, it is in Canada (if you read the fine print).

24. Willy S macrumors 6502

I went to a computer store today and saw 14" ibook and lots of PC notebooks. If you looked at the screens, you could easilly see that the ibook is ooooold and compares maybe with a 2 year old pc...

25. jonomo macrumors regular

Yeah.. totally... the screen seems very pixalated compared to newer Sony's... the screen sux... and the graphics card is WAY out of date.... the current ibook is way outdated... it needs a revision... :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.