Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by powerbiker, Apr 15, 2001.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2001
    New York
    When are the new ibooks comming out, they haven't been updated for a while. Any news on what they will be like?
  2. macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2001
    Who wants one

Who wants an iBook when you can have a Power book!
  3. macrumors 68020

Apr 14, 2001
    Fukuoka, Japan
    larger screen, more MHz

Hi guys,

the new iBooks will have a 13.3" screen (1024 x 768) and more MHz (a speed bump, like the iMacs)
    Other than that, there shouldn't be significant changes.
  4. macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2001
    Chicago 'Burbs
    Anton's question

Why would someone want an iBook when we could get the powerbook instead? That was Anton's question. The answer:

people like myself - I am a high school chemistry teacher who would like a portable computer. now, it would be really cheap to get a PC, but I'd prefer an Apple (plus the whole school is on apple). Can I afford a $2500 G4 Powerbook? No way!

Therefore, there are people like myself who would LOVE to have th powerbook, but simply cannot afford it. Does that answer your question?
  5. macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2001

You cannot forget that I did use the word want I my self can not afford an AU$5,000 powerbook.
  6. macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2001

Well it looks like we didn't get that larger screen, the G4 chip, and more RAM. :(

Oh well, I'll settle for the 500Mhz and the 64MB Ram. They should have came standard with 128 though.

The new machines released this summer will have 128 Ram in them because Apple has released that OS X will be in all machines this summer.And seeing how the min requirement is 128 apple better supply 128!