iCal Alerts No Longer ..Alerting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Coolnat2004, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Well, my iCal alerts used to alert whenever they were supposed to even when iCal was closed. But now, I can only get the alerts if iCal is left open.

I do not have "Disable alerts when iCal is closed" checked. Is there any way to fix this? It's rather irritating.

Thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have this same problem, except some calendars alert normally, even when iCal is closed, and others don't alert at all.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I've not had this problem, but I usually have iCal running in the background. If you've got the right preferences settings already, as you stated, the only other thing I can think of is to repair permissions. You might try a new .plist file as well.

Edit: I just ran a test with iCal closed, and each of my ~7 calendars all worked as well.

4. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

Have you deleted the iCalAlarmScheduler from your login items?

5. Coolnat2004 thread starter macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Alright, deleting the plist files worked great! Thanks a lot guys!

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I tried to fix the alerts, duped some of my events accidentally. Removed the dupes - we'll see tomorrow if alerts behave normally again, since I have an alert scheduled for a calendar that didn't alert before.