iCal and Exchange Server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ShellyFM, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ShellyFM macrumors regular

Other than Groupcal, are there any other options for keeping iCal and Exchange Server synchronized?

-Shelly

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'm wondering about the best way to do this too. Groupcal is not cheap and reviews seem mixed.

My principal calendar is on Exchange, but I'd like to be able to sync it to iCal along with, e.g. my kids' calendars so I can see it all at once at home.

I've been able to get things in the right format using iPodSync on my work PC to get the Calendar and Contact into the right format, and then import from my iPod. (Now that iTunes has Outlook support, you might even be able to skip iPodSync, though I sync to my flash drive now). When I import, it doesn't do "diffs", and instead tries to update all items which is a little undesirable.

B

3. ShellyFM thread starter macrumors regular

I'm hoping for something that syncs directly to Exchange. I use a pocket pc phone that also syncs with Exchange. If I could just get iCal to sync to Exchange, then everything would be up to date. I'm surprised there aren't any other solutions out there.