iCal Calendars Disappearing from Menu

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stevietheb, Feb 13, 2006.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Howdy all,

Earlier tonight I opened iCal, only to find that none of my calendars were there—it was completely empty. However, when I changed the view from "Week" to "Month" all of my events were listed (in the proper color) on the appropriate day, but I still had no list of calendars on the left. Subsequent changes between "Day" "Week" and "Month" view continued to display the events properly, but nothing showed up in the calendar menu on the left.

I repaired permissions—same thing happened.

I trashed com.apple.ical pref (forgot the exact filename)—same behavior.

Any ideas?

I use .mac to sync between computers, and I use Missing Sync to sync to a Palm T|X.

Any help would be much appreciated...THANKS

2. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

UPDATE:
    I followed the instructions found here...this worked. However, with the Source folder locked, iCal rebuilds those "Home" and "Work" default calendars every time. Unlocking the folder causes iCal to revert to the behavior described in the original post.

Any ideas?

3. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Hrm...is everybody baffled. I thought I'd attach a screenshot to show what I'm talking about...

Attached Files:

4. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Similar problem in Leopard

I am having a similar issue with a recent Leopard install. I think what triggered it was the addition of Notes/ToDo calendars from within Mail. Right now it is not working at all and I have blank calendars. I have tried restoring and also .mac overwrite but with no luck. I'll post an update when I figure out how to repair it.

Console log:
    11/9/07 9:40:41 AM iCal[465] *** Assertion failure in -[CoreTaskOutlineView _uncachedRectHeightOfRow:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-949/TableView.subproj/NSTableView.m:1574
    11/9/07 9:40:41 AM iCal[465] rowHeight must be > 0
    11/9/07 9:40:41 AM iCal[465] *** Assertion failure in -[CoreTaskOutlineView _uncachedRectHeightOfRow:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-949/TableView.subproj/NSTableView.m:1574
    11/9/07 9:40:41 AM iCal[465] rowHeight must be > 0
    11/9/07 9:40:43 AM iCal[465] *** Assertion failure in -[CoreTaskOutlineView _uncachedRectHeightOfRow:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-949/TableView.subproj/NSTableView.m:1574
    11/9/07 9:40:43 AM iCal[465] rowHeight must be > 0
    11/9/07 9:40:43 AM iCal[465] *** Assertion failure in -[CoreTaskOutlineView _uncachedRectHeightOfRow:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-949/TableView.subproj/NSTableView.m:1574
    11/9/07 9:40:43 AM iCal[465] rowHeight must be > 0

Any ideas?

5. scottwvu macrumors newbie

same problem!

any updated info on this? im having the exact same problem with my ical...

thx
    s

6. digitaldch macrumors newbie

Ditto

Add me to the list of the missing iCal calendars. Also using .Mac to sync calendars across Macs...

If I quit iCal and then restart, the calendars usually show up again but incredibly annoying that nothing shows when first opening an invitation!

7. Spenzo macrumors newbie

I too have a similar problem........my calendars have all disappeared, I can't even access preferences in ical and although all my calendar information is still intact on my iphone4 it does not sync either via Mobile Me or a cable sync. I assume that I caused this somehow by attempting to add Google calendar as a go-between to sync with my wife's calendar on a PC. If I could get into the ical accounts I could delete it but with no preferences that's not possible. I have run all the latest updates for the OS and IOS4.

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Mac Book Pro 15", 2.26GHz, 4GB v.10.6.4
    iPhone 4 16GB v.4.0.2

8. gerberdaisy macrumors newbie

same just happened to me too. i had completed inputting an entire year of schedules in a new calendar, and now it's gone. how frustrating.