iCal CPU usage problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TrumanApple, Oct 29, 2005.

1. TrumanApple macrumors member

Jan 2, 2005
    in the last couple of weeks... more and more often, iCal stops responding and i check my CPU usage and it is hovering around 98 percent (i have a 1.42 mini, with 1Gb of ram)... under activity moniter, iCal events DashboardClient is using 74-95 percent of my cpu alone... then when i make it force quit... it just comes back and uses all my cpu again... anybody know how to fix this problem, i have tried running cocktail.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    iCal events DashboardClient, is that a widget? Start by removing its preferences and if that doesn't work, then delete the entire widget. :)
  3. brogers macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2002
    Greensboro, NC
    Had this same issue. It was the iCal Events Widget. Worked great for a while then suddenly started hogging the CPU. Force quiting did not help. I finally deleted it from the widgets folder and restated. Problem gone. Not sure what caused it, but I did not use it that much anyway....
  4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    This happened to me with the last version of iCal Events. Upgrade to the newest, 2.1.4, and all should be fine.