iCal crashed...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by emtp6811@yahoo., Jan 26, 2007.

1. emtp6811@yahoo. macrumors newbie

I tried doing a search, but apprently I am the only one to make this mistake for a few years...

So, I was trying to change my ical icon, misread the directions, and screwed it up. Essentially, I took the App-empty.icns file, made a copy (just in case), then replaced the original file with the new icon. When I realized my mistake, I erased the new icon file, and renamed the copy file as the original. Apparently my just-in-case plan did not work.

When I click on the iCal icon to open the app, it actually turns clear with only the date showing, then I get a couple error messages. These are posted below. If it would be helpful to post the error report to apple, let me know but be warned that it is pretty long (and to me, incoherent).

I know that the calendar information has not been compromized b/c I can still see it on my MenuCalendarClock list. I just can't get into iCal to make changes.

Any help or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. emtp6811@yahoo. thread starter macrumors newbie

Pacifist

Pacifist didn't work. I couldn't even find iCal in the Apple Install disks, so I installed the whole package. No change in iCal. Did I miss something?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4. emtp6811@yahoo. thread starter macrumors newbie

Still not working...

The next thing I have tried is going into the installer file and reinstalling the iCal pkg. Then I restarted my computer and deleted any login apps associated with iCal.

Still not working.

Time to take it in?

5. emtp6811@yahoo. thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed It!!!

FIXED IT!!!

feel free to close this thread