iCal Default Date

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CMillerERAU, Apr 25, 2005.

1. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

A friend who just got into Macs asked me what happened on July 17. He wonders because its the default date on iCal. Being that he's really into the Easter Eggs Apple leaves around he thinks it may have significance. Any thoughts?

2. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

No clue at all. Maybe that is the date they thought up the program. I just wish it would change with the current date. Why does it only do this when iCal is open?? Some of my Windows-using friends always comment on my Mini always having the wrong date in the dock and I have to explain it to them.

3. CMillerERAU thread starter macrumors regular

Well what I do is I have set iChat to start up with the computer and hide. That way the program shows the right date as soon as I boot up. Just go into your accounts pane of system prefs to set that up.

4. Ibjr macrumors 6502a

We could always blame it on Tallahassee, but this does need to be addressed b/c I do get the same comments. Of course i just point out that the menubar has the correct date...

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

iCal was unveiled to the public at Macworld on July 17 2002 – so it's the app's birthday. Bless!