iCal FTP and Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macbwizard, Jun 22, 2005.

1. macbwizard macrumors 6502

macbwizard

Hello,

I've been trying to find a way to upload an iCal calendar to an FTP server. The only solution that I have been able to find so far is "iCal FTP" although it does not seem able to find my calendars.

I was wondering if anyone else had solved this problem or had another suggestion for a program that might do the job.

Thanks,
    MacBWizard

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Just go to File-->Backup database and then upload the file it saves in the location you specified to your FTP server.

3. macbwizard thread starter macrumors 6502

macbwizard

Whoops

Sorry... I guess I should have been more clear. I'm trying to get this to display in a web browser and be accessible to the public. I'm uploading to a webserver.

Thanks
    -MacBWizard

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Right click on the calendar you want to publish on the web, select Publish. In the window that opens, select Publish on a private server, in the boxes below enter the ftp address and the login / password.

5. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

when you don't use .mac it's more complicated. you need software that will interpret the .ics files and turn it into an HTML page. something like phpiCalendar or something along those lines. the server is likely going to have to support php or perl in this case. if this sounds like oto much outta your league, i'd buy a subscription to .mac and call it a day.

6. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

PHPiCalendar will do what you want, as DXoverDY mentioned, and also offers syncing capability. I just set it up on my webserver, and it works pretty well. If you have no experience with PHP, it might be a little tricky to setup, but it's not too complicated.

If you click on the "Files" link you can download the package. I used version 1.1 on my site and it seems to be working correctly.

7. macbwizard thread starter macrumors 6502

macbwizard

Solved

Thanks for all of the help. I actually gave up on the PHP when I found a free iCal hosting site at www.icalx.com. Thanks again

-MacBWizard

8. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

they use phpICalendar... :p