iCal help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pcpacker, Feb 8, 2005.

1. pcpacker macrumors member

Is there a preference somewhere that will automatically show the current date on the dock without having to lauch ical? (It always says July 17 unless I open the program).

Thank you.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Use the search! And to answer the question NO! How will it update the icon if it's not running? iCal would need to execute some code to do this. Just leave it running if you care that much!

3. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

what i do is i have iCal start up when i start up my powerbook. it seems to be working fine that way and i always know what date it is... i mean, ical dosen't slow your computer down or anything... just leave it running...

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i just leave it running as well, just works better that way

5. pcpacker thread starter macrumors member

Sorry demi-god. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. To you other two, thank you for your help.

6. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

OldManJimbo

Tune it down a notch

Hey - I don't care how much you've donated to this site nor how smart you think you might be - there is NO REASON to be uncivil when someone asks a simple question.

I have reduced my own personal traffic to this site because I'm weary of responses such as the one quoted above. Take a PROZAC and a nap.

7. pcpacker thread starter macrumors member

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

To those unhappy with my reply I apologise. It just seems that someone asks this exact question at least once a week, if not more often and a simple search would turn up the same answer.

Once again, sorry to those I pissed off.