iCal icon?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by kevin49093, Nov 10, 2002.

1. kevin49093 macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2002
    Just the other day I installed 10.2 (gotta love being a teacher!). Does anyone know what's up with the iCal icon in the dock? Why would it swich form the current date (when iCal is open) to July 17th (when iCal is closed)? Any ideas anyone?
  2. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Because the 17th was macworld and that is when ical was introduced. but i really think they should update ical so that it changes the date always even without opening the program.

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I read a few posts in the desktop thread in Gen. Mac Discussion. Apparently, the iCal icon has Jul 17 as the logo. But when in use it changes.

Try this if you are still confused. Place the application "Clock" in your dock, start it up, and quit Clock. The same thing happens with iCal.
  4. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    Why would apple do that? It couldn't be hard to make the icon
    change according to the date... Apple has done much greater
    programming feats...
  5. insidedanshead macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2002
    They either need to make a more generic icon (i.e. no date) or have it update with the current date whenver your system is running.. having purchased a new machine for my father i know little things like that really confuse a simple end user.. yes apple has accomplished some amazing programming feats but thats a tough one.. an icon is a bitmap image.. so theoretically it would have to create an image everytime you turned your computer on.. I don't see htem doing this.. unless they change their entire icon architecture.. i wouldn't mind some nice little ladies on my calendar.. is that too much to ask?
  6. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2002
    Notre Dame
    duh. to remind everyone that july 17th is MY birthday. :D

btw: shouldn't this thread be put in general discussion, or mac help?