iCal & July 17th - What gives?!?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by capoditutti, Dec 2, 2006.

1. capoditutti macrumors 6502

capoditutti

Hi all,

My machine is a C2D MacBook Pro, System Update says there are no new updates for me and my firmware is the latest version so i dunno whether the niggle is common with others in my boat.. I have bootcamp and WinXP installed, as i'm still weaning myself off the silly OS..

Whenever i start my machine, everything loads fine and i'm on Finder in a few seconds. However, the date that shows on iCal always says July 17th, no matter what time of day it is! :confused: If i open the app, it corrects the date and shows the correct day etc.. Can anyone tell me if this is the case for their machine? :confused:

I'd have liked to just peer down and see the correct date without having to open the applcation..

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It's fine. That's just the icon for the app, which happens to show July 17th. It won't update unless you open the app. If you open you Applications folder, you'll see the same thing: the icon is static. There might be some freeware app to update it automatically, or you could just right click on the icon and choose "Open at Login", so it always opens up and sets itself when you boot.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

iCal was released, along with other Apple products, on July 17, 2002. That's why the application icon has that date.

There's a previous thread about it here.