ical problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jotamurray, Apr 17, 2006.

1. jotamurray macrumors member

Since I upgraded to 10.4.6 ical doesn't work properly. when i open ical i have no events until i switch view to "weekly", then back to "monthly". however, the calendar list in the left upper corner (where u can choose colours) doesn't appear. Has anyone had the same problem?

pb 15 1gb ram

Attached Files:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I had this exact same problem when I was using the Missing Sync to sync my Palm with my macs (Missing Sync + DotMac Syncing = headache).

For me, their was a corrupted calendar file that was screwing up the works. Here's how I isolated the corrupted calendar file (there could be a better way).

In ~/Library/Application Support/iCal/Sources there are a series of folders that have your calendar information. I copied these all to the desktop.

(1) Move a calendar folder back into the Sources folder.
    (2) Start iCal. If everything is fine, then that calendar is not your corrupted calendar.
    (3) Quit iCal.

Repeat ad nauseam (I have some 14 calendars)...you will know the corrupted calendar when your problem arises again after copying it back into the Sources folder.

How did I fix the corrupted calendar? Unfortunately, I had to just make a new calendar in iCal and redo all of my events and to-do's.

Hope this helps...and I hope you find a better way...

(BTW...now that I'm no longer using the Missing Sync, iCal works marvelously!)

4. jotamurray thread starter macrumors member

No. I only sync a Nokia phone with contacts and calendars.

5. jotamurray thread starter macrumors member

tried all the calendars, but unless all of them are corrupt I have the same problem. Also If notices when i hit the + (for a new calendar) I dont actually see a new calendar w/ a new colour; but i do create a new calendar in the sources folder.