iCal Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jovian9, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Some of you may know that the OSX 10.3.6 update crashed my iMac G5. I got it back up and running and have 10.3.6 installed now and all updates installed. Since then I've come across some minor things that are not the same since this happened. Today it is iCal.
    I tried adding a work meeting to the schedule today and here is what happens:
    "Read-only Calendar
    You cannot change events or To Do items on calendars you've subscribed to."

I checked info on the app and it every user has permission to add/subtract things to the calendar. But the above statement is what I get any time I try. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks!

2. AirUncleP macrumors regular

This happens when the chosen calendar on the left side of the window is a subscribed calendar. Choose a calendar you've created, then put your event in.

3. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

That's the problem. It is happening to a calendar I've created, my work calendar. That is the one I've selected (I've tried the others I've created also).

4. AirUncleP macrumors regular

The only thing else I can think of would be to quit iCal. Navigate to the users calendars folder inside their Library folder. Move the files out. Start then quit iCal. Move the cals back in and restart iCal. It's a stab in the dark but it might fix it. Also check permissions on the Calendar files mentioned above. GOOD LUCK!

5. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I did what you recommended but it did not work. So I tried it again, but I restarted my Mac before I moved the files back and it works now. Thanks for the help!

6. mirkojankov macrumors newbie

...not really

i had problems that ical loaded but doesn't show calendar view at all. tried everything, including replacement of the library calendar files and rebooting, but didn't work for me either way!!!

help!