iCal "Synchronization Failed"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shake, Mar 24, 2005.

1. shake macrumors regular

hi there,

has anyone ever seen this "Synchronzation Failed" error from iCal ???
    i tried erasing my data on my computer then re-syncing, but the error persists. other computers can sync to the same account no problem. repairing permissions does not help.

the full error reads:
    Can't synchronize calendars and To Do items to iCal: device is not available
    Conduit Backup Conduit generated an internal error NSArchiverArchiveInconsistency (*** NSUnarchiver: inconsistency between written and read data for object 0x1f3a30): can't get synchronizer for calendars and To Do items.
    Can't synchronize calendars and To Do items to Backup Conduit: device is not available

any ideas ? all insight is appreciated.
    d

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

3. shake thread starter macrumors regular

i should have been more specific.

i am trying to sync my ical with a .mac account with isync.

4. bonk macrumors member

me too

I've been getting the exact same error message for some time now - glad to see I'm not alone. everything actually seems to sync fine, but I get the message every time it automatically syncs (every hour, and isync doesnt quit automatically - annoying more than anything). I've reinstalled the system software (for an unrelated problem) and reinstalled isync and ical - same results. I posted a query on the apple discussion site, but so far no responses.

hope someone knows!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I got a slightly similar one recently when I was trying to sync my iPod. Don't get me started on the issues with iSync! :mad:

Hopefully it'll all be fine when Tiger comes out. Fingers crossed...