iCal times are being syced incorrectly by .Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FlaminMoe, Jul 16, 2006.

1. FlaminMoe macrumors newbie

I have a powerbook G4 running Panther and Mac Mini Intel running Tiger. I use .Mac to sync iCal. But there's 2 hours difference in the times between the Mac Mini and the Powerbook. Both machines have exactly the same time zones and time. I've tried both enabling and disabling timezone support, but it made no difference.

I'm stumped - Can anyone help?

One more thing - my "sync chain" is normally Outlook on Windows PC -> PocketPC -> Entourage on Powerbook -> iCal on Powerbook via PocketMac GoBetween ->iCal on MacMini. The times are wrong only between the two macs, but just in case something further down the chain is making a difference.

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I don't know- have you tried resetting info on .Mac yet? Be sure you reset with a computer that has everything up to date.

Have you tried changing the view options. (ie, how many hours a day it shows, etc. Just a thought- pretty sure it won't work though.I am going to be looking through .Mac sync ical forums trying to solve my issues (see below) so I will let you knw if I come across anything similar to yours.

I am having big issues with .Mac ical syncing- have so since April. I have three computers but only two have been syncing correctly since april. Ironically the one that has issues is running Tiger, the other two jaguar and have no isssues. I have reset info, etc. but still have issues with items being deleted, added after deletion, and some items not syncing. It was workinng with all three computers for many months until April.

3. FlaminMoe thread starter macrumors newbie

As soon as I get a couple of hours to spare, I'm going to clear all my calendars and start from scratch. It's a pain, but things are getting really messed up. I'll try your suggestions as well.

If you find anything in the forums let me know - I've not had any luck so far.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have you got the Daylight Savings Settings right on both?

Every so often my phone disagrees with my Mac by an hour or two when I synch them and when I check, it's usually because one thinks it is on DST and the other, while showing the correct time, doesn't.

5. FlaminMoe thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure everything is the same time zone wise. I'll double check again. I also tried it with time zone support disabled (on both machines) - I think that should also disable the DST thing - right? Plus, the times seem to be two hours out, which leads me to believe that there's something else screwy involved

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I just solved my issue I think- I had computers running panther and tiger and found a solution that I had to reset .Mac information using the Panther computer's infomation and then I synced with my tiger and things have been good ever since. This is the thread where at the end I describe my solution after finding it on Apple. I don't know if this pertains to your particular issue, but worth a read.

Apple Support Thread

Are both of your computers set to keep the time automatically in the system preferences/date and time according to time.apple.com? Just another thought.

7. FlaminMoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Is that good or bad? :confused:

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Good question- I assume good since that way they are keeping the exact same time. Have you tried rolling up aluminum foil and making a makeshift antanae? :D

Will let you know if I come across anything else.