iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tomf87, Feb 19, 2004.

1. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Anyone know of a way to export iCal's data and import to Entourage? I was able to save my calendar as an ICS file, but Entourage ignores it. Also, if I open it with a text editor, it doesn't have all of the events in there, so I don't think it exported correctly.

And, before the posts start as to why I want to switch, it's because I cannot get Mail to BCC someone. And, yes, I could run iCal and Entourage, but what's the point if Entourage can do it all for me?

Thanks,

Tom

2. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Re: iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

i'm 95% positive that outlook supports ICS files (the iCal calendar file type), so there's a chance that entourage does too. Have you tried browsing to the ICS files on your machine and importing them?

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Re: Re: iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

nice windows in your sig

4. tomf87 thread starter macrumors 65816

tomf87

Re: Re: iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

Yes, I tried opening the ICS file in ~/Library/Calendars with Entourage but it doesn't do anything. No import, no dialog, and no entries in my calendar.

5. cubist macrumors 68020

When you get to the contacts, note that Entourage requires each contact to be in a separate VCD file (as does Outlook).

Pretty sure I've used bcc's in mail.app... look under the View menu, I think there's an option to turn on the bcc field.

Entourage may do everything, but it doesn't do any of the things very well. OTOH, iCal is a toy that still needs major work.

6. tomf87 thread starter macrumors 65816

tomf87

D'oh! There it is! Maybe I should open my eyes first before posting.

Thanks!

7. sahnert macrumors 6502

I'm sorry this thread is very confusing. Did anyone ever figure out how to open iCal calendars in Entourage?
    Thanks