Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Anyone know of a way to export iCal's data and import to Entourage? I was able to save my calendar as an ICS file, but Entourage ignores it. Also, if I open it with a text editor, it doesn't have all of the events in there, so I don't think it exported correctly.

And, before the posts start as to why I want to switch, it's because I cannot get Mail to BCC someone. And, yes, I could run iCal and Entourage, but what's the point if Entourage can do it all for me?

Thanks,

Tom

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Re: iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

i'm 95% positive that outlook supports ICS files (the iCal calendar file type), so there's a chance that entourage does too. Have you tried browsing to the ICS files on your machine and importing them?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Re: Re: iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

Originally posted by mrjamin
i'm 95% positive that outlook supports ICS files (the iCal calendar file type), so there's a chance that entourage does too. Have you tried browsing to the ICS files on your machine and importing them?

nice windows in your sig

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Re: Re: iCal to Entourage - Import/Export

Originally posted by mrjamin

Yes, I tried opening the ICS file in ~/Library/Calendars with Entourage but it doesn't do anything. No import, no dialog, and no entries in my calendar.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
When you get to the contacts, note that Entourage requires each contact to be in a separate VCD file (as does Outlook).

Pretty sure I've used bcc's in mail.app... look under the View menu, I think there's an option to turn on the bcc field.

Entourage may do everything, but it doesn't do any of the things very well. OTOH, iCal is a toy that still needs major work.

tomf87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
D'oh! There it is! Maybe I should open my eyes first before posting.

Thanks!

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
I'm sorry this thread is very confusing. Did anyone ever figure out how to open iCal calendars in Entourage?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.