iCal version 1.5.2 released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ComputerWizard, Jan 19, 2004.

1. ComputerWizard macrumors member

Oct 20, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    iCal Version 1.5.2, 7.7MB

iCal is a calendar application that enables you to unify, manage and share the many calendars in your life. With iCal, you can view multiple calendars at the same time, share your calendars with friends and family, subscribe to personal-interest calendars, and access your calendars on the Internet using your .Mac account.

iCal 1.5.2 gives you the option of viewing your calendar, event, or To Do information in a drawer or in a separate window, and includes a number of performance and reliability enhancements.

If you use iSync to synchronize your calendars across computers and devices, you need to upgrade each computer to iSync 1.2 (or later) and iCal 1.5.2.
  2. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
  3. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

Dec 17, 2002
    Basically just a complaint release. I know a lot of people weren't happy when the event viewer was changed to a drawer. This release gives them the option of a window or a drawer.
  4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    Apple for once has realised that OPTIONS not DICTATION are best! Woohoo!
  5. jacg macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2003
    so will iCal work now?

I don't get any reminders from iCal at the moment and I wasn't alone. Hope they fixed this.
  6. coumerelli macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2003
    state of confusion.
    Addendum to: iCal version 1.5.2 released

It should be in your software update...
  7. pixote macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2003
    Does anybody know if it will wake up a computer from sleep? I have a program that records web radio programs that launches from ical, but I have to turn off sleep mode.
  8. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2003
    CD: TX-14
    updates good . . .

Keep 'em coming Apple. Now just wait to scramble the spare cash for iLife '04
  9. Stoffel macrumors member

Jan 6, 2004
    Yea! Give us more of these good apps!
    ical is one of my favourite iApp. I use it every day....
  10. splashman macrumors 6502

Jun 23, 2003
    Server unavailable?

Checked software update, got the reply "Server unavailable. Try again later."

I'm not complaining -- it's just surprising. I think this is the very first time I've ever had trouble getting anything from Apple or from their site.
  11. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Update Safari, Apple! Tons of things that could be fixed with performance, compatibility, and plug-ins.

Oh, the iCal update works well too :)
  12. jesus h christ macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2004
    By God I hope they fixed the lame excuse for a To-Do list. Not allowing you to print just a To-Do list sucked. To-Do entries that had past disappear forever... Great! We'll see if those issues have been fixed.

Nope, still can't print JUST a To-Do List. They do have options now that will let you change when the To-Do's are removed, etc. Still needs some work IMHO.

13. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Sep 30, 2003
  14. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2003
    London, England
    you could turn of the computer and use Energy Saver / Schedule to wake it up at the right time. or not let your computer sleep.
  15. .a macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2001
    it did not work at my mac with the new ical - would've been great!
  16. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    Multiple time zones - I just complained about that last month! As they say, Woot!:)
  17. noraa macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2003

Actually, yes you can. In the print dialog window, click on the drop down menu that says "Copies and Pages" and scroll down to the iCal item, once you're there you can select what items you want to print - Calendar, TO-DO LISTS, and mini-months.
  18. BWhaler macrumors 68020

Jan 8, 2003
    Not trying to look the gift horse in the mouth here, but iCal is still terrible.

It is not workable in a corporate environment, which wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that you really need to use the iApps to get all of the built in goodies.

(I know that there are shareware apps and things of that ilk, but that doesn't cut it in the business world. It's tough enough maintaining computers as is.)

I hope Apple gets serious about a 2.0 release for business. Or, release a Pro version that supports multiple users, group scheduling, etc. I would pay for it. And no matter what, don't give us a tiny, miserable upgrade with 10.4.
  19. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2002
    DFW, TX, USA
    No proxy authentication

Well, it's still useless for me as it cannot update/subscribe behind a username/password authenticating proxy. (It even has an error dialog that says it cannot do it.)

If they want this thing to compete with Outlook, they really need to start thinking about people who work in large companies with such networks. (iSync and iTunes both choke for the same reasons - even though the settings are present in the network proxy properties)
  20. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

May 7, 2003
    Saint Augustine, FL
  21. rockman2023 macrumors member

Apr 27, 2003
    Wrong Island, NY < NYC
    install failure

Has anyone else had problems installing this update? At first, I tried through Software Update, and it hung while "Waiting for local disks". Then I downloaded the package alone, and tried through Installer, and that also hung. I finally tried Pacifist, and it got the job done.

I did notice this while I was trying to install with Installer:
  22. El Tritoma macrumors member

El Tritoma

Jun 17, 2003
    Albuquerque, NM
    Unavailable Apple Servers

iTunes is presently unavailable right now, too. They don't usually do this during the afternoon of a weekday do they?