iCarbons Black Carbon Fiber on Retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asdad123, Jul 26, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I ordered the iCarbons Black Carbon Fiber on Sunday and received it today. Before I ordered it, I tried to find some pictures of it installed on the retina MBP, but couldn't find anything other than the stock photos.

I was skeptical because I couldn't see it on an actual rMBP, but I am glad that I bought it! I really love the look and feel it gives to MBP. The original aluminum was great, but I was afraid of scratching it, but with this I should have no problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The install was rather straight forward, but it took me about 45 minutes because I am OCD about my electronics lol.

2. macrumors 68030

Looks good! Does it require heat to apply? I think that one does? Also, how is the trackpad affected with that covering?

3. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Looks good, but not sure I like it on the inside still - I guess thats just me.

4. macrumors regular

I'll be ordering mine as well this week. I think I'll opt to forego putting it on the trackpad and  logo though.

5. macrumors member

6. thread starter macrumors regular

It required a little bit of heat on the bottom for the edges. Took like 10 seconds with a blow dryer.

The trackpad is completely unaffected. I didn't put the carbon on the apple because it want it to glow lol. It came with a red and white cover for the apple.

7. macrumors member

Wouldn't this hold in heat? As in when the CPU and/or GPU get hot the heat dissipation is reduced.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think so as none of the vents are covered up. I will test it out by running Skyrim in a little bit.

9. macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I just ordered the top and bottom for my retina. I can't wait for it to get in. I'm just not for the internal cover..

10. macrumors member

I too was interested in whether or not this would have your mpbr run a little hotter. I was interested in getting the red CF just for the bottom to prevent scratches. However, i was told that this may cause your mbpr to run a little hotter. Looking forward to your test!

11. macrumors member

how is the trackpad cover?
    Is it still sensitive as before after you put it on?

12. macrumors regular

I'm also interest in this product for my rMBP, thai king about ordering it in white or brushed aluminum though!

13. macrumors member

On the heat issue, I just added a Wrapsol film to my rMBP and my temps have been the same if not lower (Tested in Windows 8, playing BF3).

14. macrumors member

heat issue?

Hi, just wondering if you ever did the heat test and if you could possibly post screen shots? thank you!