Ice Link (ipod for car audio) compatible with mini ipods

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Santaduck, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Just went by the ice-link site and saw from the front graphic that their unit is now compatible with mini ipods.

http://icelink.densionusa.com/

This is the car audio adapter that fully integrates with your current car audio... using direct audio outs, as well as some controls (i.e. if you want to use the audio controls in your new BMW steering wheel for your ipod). A bit expensive but if the FM transmitters have poor quality to your ear, and you don't have a tape deck (or dislike the wire-prone mess of a tape adapter), then here you go.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

to bad they charge an arm and a leg for it. I had the blitzsafe adapter for my old tl and it only cost 70 dollars. I wish they would make on for jeep now, cause I dont want to spend 200 on something that i can get for 70.

iJon

3. Santaduck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

ooo can you post a link for blitzsafe? is the audio wired directly to the car audio? what about audio controls and battery charging?

I'd love to hear more alternatives to fm transmitters and tape adapters... (i guess i should google myself or go browse ipodlounge forums when I get close to buying)

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

blitzsafe.com. still the icelink does way more, but also much more than i need. i liked having the blitzsafe and then making my solutions. before i had the blitzsafe wired under the shifer and console althouth into the middle console. i used the griffin autopod thing which sent audio and power through the firewire port. i kep the ipod hidden and then i plugged the apple remote into it and had it hang out by my hand. so i could be driving and change the volume, pause or change the song right therem or my friends could open it up and pick their own song. i dont like the everything being mounted and everything, i like it to be hidden. now if my liberty had seek buttons on the steering wheel like my acura i would be more interested in this product.

iJon

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

check these people out, i found them out. from looking at it they are exactly the same as the blitzsafe adapters but these people have them for the jeeps, unlike blitzsafe, so i will be ordering one of these in a few days so i can get my ipod back in the car like the acura.

http://www.pie.net/auxappl.htm

iJon

6. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

do you guys know of any way to split the fire wire cable into separate power and sound plugs (Kind of what the dock does) ? It would be sooooo much nicer to have a single visible cable connecting to the iPod...

7. neut macrumors 68000

neut

could you not just use the earphone out to RCA to the decks aux in? this wouldn't solve power issues, but you could get a signal to the speakers.

peace.

8. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I guess if I didn't connect it at all, I wouldn't need ANY cables ;)

I'd really like to have it powered in my car, and it would also be nice if the volume wasn't set by the iPod itself, but only by the stereo (when you connect through the dock, the volume is 'constant').

I want it all ! :D