Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How do you eat icecream?

• Usually eat out of the tub - whole tub in a sitting

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Usually eat out of the tub - but only a little bit

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Depends where I'm eating it

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • Urgh.... I use a bowl!

Votes: 49 50.5%

• Total voters

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
nbs2 said:
As long as Lori doesn't know about it, tub. Otherwise the bowl. And yes, I have been known to go through a half gallon in one sitting.
Half Gallon...that's ummm...2880 calories... :eek:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i use a bowl, but i hate waiting for it to melt a bit to dish it out so i stick it in the microwave for 23 seconds... works like a charm :D :cool: :p

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
amateurmacfreak said:
:eek:
Isn't lactose bad for dogs???

Link:

Theobromine is much much worse.

dogownersdigest.com said:
Chocolate contains theobromine. A naturally occurring stimulant found in the cocoa bean, theobromine increases urination and affects the central nervous system as well as heart muscle. While amounts vary by type of chocolate, it's the theobromine that is poisonous to dogs.

joker2

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2003
DC area
Hm. Bowl or cup... though I forgot about the little Ben & Jerry's ones until I read the thread... guess a "bowl" vote can jump to "depends on the situation" -- root beer floats are WONDERFUL!!

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Urgh... for all those digusted with the idea of eating straight out of the container and demanding bowls...

I was really meaning those little B&J tubs when I suggested eating out of the tub. I can't imagine doing so with anything over that size!

Hey Lau, now you're in Edinburgh you're close to some of the best icecream ever. Lucca's in Musselburgh... hmmm

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Applespider said:
Urgh... for all those digusted with the idea of eating straight out of the container and demanding bowls...

I was really meaning those little B&J tubs when I suggested eating out of the tub. I can't imagine doing so with anything over that size!

Hey Lau, now you're in Edinburgh you're close to some of the best icecream ever. Lucca's in Musselburgh... hmmm

A pint should be the limit but how many times have you seen an American t.v. show or movie where someone is eating from a quart container?

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Man - I can't remember when I last had ice cream by itself. I had some as part of a tasting menu when I and some mates went down to a restaurant not so long ago but it was hardly conventional: smoked bacon and egg ice cream (have to say I enjoyed it) :confused:

Dang, should have had some when it was boiling. Now it's a bit cool for ice cream.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Almost always out of a bowl (and a cup if I'm getting ice cream from an ice cream store).

But sometimes I just literally feel like a nibble... :eek: Then I'll grab a spoon, and sample me some ice cream from the "tub" with the freezer door still ajar. :p

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
ham_man said:
Half Gallon...that's ummm...2880 calories... :eek:
Inertia baby....inertia....

Honestly, that normally doesn't happen. I'm sort of crazy when it comes to eating ice cream. I like to eat in layers, so the container is always level. If I'm watching a movie, I'm not paying attention to the carton. Eventually, I hit bottom and realize it is almost gone. Well, there is no point in keeping the evidence around, so I finish off the carton....

ejb190 said:
Best Icecream - Valpo Velvet (Valparaiso, IN) or The Creamery (Penn State, State College, PA) Both use a higher percentage of milk fat making a richer flavor.
Go to the Creamery (BYU, Provo, UT) - amazing ice cream, for pretty much the same reason. Only difference is it isn't the fat that gives you the flavor - it's somewhat common knowledge out there that the BYU milk gives you one step down in fat (Skim tastes like 1%, 1 like 2, 2 like whole, whole like cream, chocolate like a melted bar)...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
^^ (nbs2) About 7 years ago, I had a half gallon of a special edition Dreyer's Green Tea ice cream (fantastic, by the way, if you see it, snatch it up :D) and a half gallon of Dreyer's Coffee ice cream. Anyhow, I couldn't decide which of the two I "felt like" so I had one scoop of each... and er... I uhh, kept doing so and realized that um, they were both empty... :eek:

I've since realized it's better for me and the freezer space to only get Haagen Dazs pints. :p

:edit: And yes, ejb190, my freezer at home. Hee.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Pint container goes in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. I then proceed to eat half the pint from the container. Why dirty up a dish?

Cowinacape

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Surrey B.C. Canada
Always out of a bowl, I am semi house trained after all ;) , but I will add, that like the first choice in this poll, eating the entire tub in one sitting isn't out of the realm of possibilities for me :D

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
In an ideal world it would be out of tub, those small haagen daz tubs only last for 5 minutes, even though I can feel sick after them, its a nice type of sickness! I lack self control! :p

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
devilot said:
^^ (nbs2) About 7 years ago, I had a half gallon of a special edition Dreyer's Green Tea ice cream (fantastic, by the way, if you see it, snatch it up :D) and a half gallon of Dreyer's Coffee ice cream. Anyhow, I couldn't decide which of the two I "felt like" so I had one scoop of each... and er... I uhh, kept doing so and realized that um, they were both empty... :eek:

And I was thinking nbs2 was the man. I ate a quart in one sitting and I'll go more.

A gallon, I...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.