Ichat A/V "LOW BANDWITH"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Apple, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

Whenever I audio this one other person that uses ichat with Tiger the error always says "not enough bandwith" or something like that. It works fine with everyone else I audio chat but not him. How do I fix this?

2. thecow macrumors 6502

It's probably because that person's internet connection is too slow. The only solution would be for them to get a faster net connection. Does that person have dial up?

3. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

If you or your friend is using Tiger, this is a well documented bug.

Rumor has it that this is fixed in 10.4.2. I certainly hope so since it impacts me daily.

If neither of you are using Tiger, than odds are it is as simple as the message: you don't have enough bandwidth.

4. Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple

we both are using tiger and we both have cable modem connections through wireless routers. Any Ideas?

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

I thought I would bump this thread to see if my bandwidth issue was the same. I received this message on SysStat today. I have always complained about my cable internet service, wireless or not, believing it should be much faster than the 154mbps/sec speed it tests out at. At my brother's house last weekend my wireless connection to his wifi tested at 950mbps, faster than when I hook my iBook up directly to my cable modem.

Anyway, here's the screenshot. Does this have to do with what my cable provider - cableone - allows me?

thanks in advance

Attached Files: