iChat account

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by BIGgui_X_, Nov 3, 2003.

1. BIGgui_X_ macrumors member

Hi there !
    i have an ancien .mac account (when it was free) and my ichat account still work with it, even if i cant acces to an idisk, etc. So there is no problems here.. I have a friend with a new mac, with panther, and i would like to talk with him on ichat AV, is it possible ? how can i create an account, only for ichat, without paying for the entire .mac bundle ?

Thanks

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

You can both get a FREE AIM screen name from AOL. Just go to www.aim.com and then fill out the small form. Its totally free. Otherwise there is no way to do that from Apple. You would need to spend the $99 for the .mac membership.

3. soakwashrinse macrumors member

It isn't true that there's "no way to do that from Apple". Get your friend to sign up for a .Mac 60-day trial account (from http://www.mac.com). As it says on the iChat AV first run screen, you'll still be able to use your trial .Mac username for iChat after the 60 days have lapsed. Signing up for an AIM username as mklos suggests will work too.